Monday, February 8, 2010

A Great Gospel Voice: NPR Highlights The Terrific Mahalia Jackson

What makes a great voice? That's the question that NPR asks in its series, "50 Great Voices." 

Today's installment featured the incredible Mahalia Jackson, gospel singer and civil rights activist. We admit that we didn't know too much about Jackson's music or her civil rights work with Martin Luther King Jr. 

Thanks to this NPR series, we know a lot more now. And we love Jackson's voice. Check out the audio story here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Appгeсіate this pοst. Let me try
it out.

my blog :: Micro Stakes Bonus

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure why but this site is loading extremely slow for me. Is anyone else having this issue or is it a issue on my end? I'll chеck bacκ later and seе if the prοblеm still eхists.


Alѕo viѕit my ωeb-site Red Κіngs Ροκеr Promotiоns :: ::