Sunday, October 11, 2009

Observer's Arnold Hamilton Now Writing Column for Urban Tulsa Weekly

AT has been enjoying few days off, which explains our recent lack of postings.

But we're tanned and rested now, ready to resume our role trying to fight ignorance and enlighten the masses one reader at a time.

Now that we're back, let's put in a plug for enlightenment over at Urban Tulsa Weekly. We're thinking specifically of their new columnist, Arnold Hamilton, native Okie and the editor Frosty Troy's long-running publication, The Oklahoma Observer.

We're fans of Troy, an Oklahoma original who has turned the Observer's reins over to Hamilton. As many readers my remember, Hamilton covered the Sooner state for the Dallas Morning News for many years. He know his way around the statehouse.

In his first UTW column, Hamilton said his goal was "to lift the curtains at the state Capitol." That seems like an admirable ambition, though we saw that one UTW reader wasn't convinced. His letter to the editor cited the long legislative career of Gene Stipe. Given Stipe's venality, the writer concluded, "I have my doubts about your likelihood of success."

Despite that dour assessment, we welcome Hamilton's commentary to Tulsa and UTW.

2 comments:

Tulsan said...

Hurrah, and thanks for the tip.

Anonymous said...

When I originally commented I clicked the "Notify me when new comments are added" checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get three e-mails with the same comment.
Is there any way you can remove me from that service? Thanks!


Here is my page :: waist to hip ratio