Thursday, July 31, 2008

Republican Mismanagement Leaves Public Pessimistic About Nation's Future

This can't be good news for Republicans: A new poll shows that a whopping 76 percent of Americans believe the country is on the wrong track.

The poll, conducted by CNN/Opinion Research Corp. found that just 24 percent have a positive outlook for the country. Obviously, seven-plus years of Bush incompetence and mismanagement has taken its toll.

CNN.com added this summary of the poll numbers:

It is the lowest [wrong direction] number on record since 1980 and the third time in four decades that the number has dropped so low.

1 comment:

Savage Baptist said...

Y'know, actually, I believe the country is on the wrong track, too; but that doesn't necessarily mean that I want to see more Democrats elected, as I think the whole reason we are on the wrong track (at least as far as political policy goes) is that far too many Republicans have embraced exactly the sort of things I've always objected to Democrats doing. Bad as the Republican Party as a whole has been, I still can't help but see the Democratic Party as much the same thing, only even more so.

Have Republicans been overspending? Absolutely. But I hardly expect Democrats to spend less.

Have Republicans grown government instead of shrinking it? Of course. But I hardly expect Democrats to shrink it.

And so on...