Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Update: Huck Fades in Eastern Primaries

We thought it was too good to be true—and it was. Mike Huckabee's early lead in Tuesday's GOP Virginia primary didn't last and the former Arkansas governor went down to defeat.

Arizona Sen. John McCain won all three primaries Tuesday, solidifying his grip on the Republican nomination.

For social conservatives who are skeptical of McCain's positions, Huckabee is (or was) the true believer and an acceptable alternative to McCain.

But Huck's political fortunes appear to be dimming, at least in his role as the man who will stop McCain from wrecking the Republican Party.

On the other hand, Oklahoma Sen. Tom Coburn could benefit from the rise of McCain. Some of the chattering class are mentioning Coburn as a possible vice presidential candidate for McCain.

A maverick Republican like McCain, Coburn would shore up McCain's conservative credentials and please many on the right.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way back on 1/30 (almost 2 weeks ago), I quoted Limbaugh standing strong against McCain:

"I will not retire, I will not concede. I will not drift away! I will not fade away, until every American agrees with me."

I (Tulsan) then said on this blog: "I think Rush just told us that he will be for McCain by next week, and he will have always been for McCain."

Just in from Rush:

"Couldn't it be said, if somebody wanted to…that I am secretly supporting McCain, because I secretly do want him to win, but I know full well that if I come out and endorse him, he's cooked? Who may be in this whole kit and caboodle, this whole shebang, the most valuable asset McCain has? Me." (CNNPolitics.com)

He's practically there. Of course, right or (more usually) wrong, Rush wants you to believe he is the pivotal figure in national politics. In reality, his blather is mainly a stage performance. It's all a lucrative game to him, and a big joke on the yokels who lap this stuff up.

5689 said...

zzzzz2018.8.29
nike air max 90
christian louboutin outlet
longchamp bags
kate spade outlet online
ralph lauren uk
mbt shoes
moncler outlet
kate spade handbags
yeezy boost 350
moncler